Top Bags to Show Your Strength: Pink is the New Black
The ultra-classic Bogart bag is timeless perfection, especially in ivory and leopard, and to make the retro-fabulous style even more special, each one comes with a pair of coordinating gloves (in black, ivory, pink, or red) to really drive the point home: this is the ultimate in ‘50s-inspired ladylike chic. Believe it or not, Charlotte executes a modern vibe with even more finesse. With its sleek, twisted clear-plastic handle, the Gable tote sports a streamlined body which smartly saves all the drama for up above. Lined in soft, gold-metallic leather, you feel like you’re unearthing a treasure each time you open your bag. Among the other styles in this 10-piece collection: the Astaire clutch, worthy of a night on the town, and the surprisingly restrained east-west Brando tote. They may be named after her favorite leading men, but Charlotte’s bags are as feminine as they come. Sunset Boulevard hasn’t felt this fresh since the good, old days of Hollywood. The Bogarticon, $3,236, Gableicon, $2,108, and Brando $2,531, totes and the Astaire clutchicon, $2,108, are available exclusively on My Theresaicon.
From demure blush tones to innocent garden hues to quintessential Barbie pinks to searing fuchsias and bold magentas to the perfect shade of lipstick pink: October is the best month to show off your best pinks, in support of Breast Cancer Awareness.
I plan on carrying a pink bag or wearing something pink every day of the month, and I’m going to have a hard time deciding between all the rosy pieces that have suddenly popped up on my radar, like Nancy Gonzalez’s pink-hot crocodile tote, Prada’s sweet saffiano mini crossbody, Givenchy’s petal-pale Antigona bag, and Charlotte Olympia’s evening-ready satin pouch, to name just a few. But there’s no need to have 31 pink bags to successfully take October by storm, lest your bag closet look like the Mattel showroom got the best of it. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with repeating the same bag all month long. Call it the Bag Snob Pink Challenge! Tag your Instagrams and Tweets with #BagSnobPinkChallenge, and I’ll repost my favorites. Even if you prefer not to commit to an all-over pink bag, just a touch of my favorite shade on your bag or outfit will do. Look to a piece like Valentino’s Italian Pop shoulder bag to successfully show your strength, as well as support in raising awareness for a cause that affects each and every one of us.
Most importantly, don’t forget to donate to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and share the organization’s link with friends and family!
1. MICHAEL Michael Kors Selma Large Color-Block Textured-Leather Toteicon (on NET-A-PORTER for $360)
2. Saint Laurent Monogramme Small Zip-Around Satchel Bagicon (at Neiman Marcus for $2,490)
3. Rebecca Minkoff Love Cross Body Bag (on Shopbop for $295)
4. Prada Saffiano Mini Crossbody Clutch (at Neiman Marcus for $1,390)
5. Bottega Veneta Intrecciato Leather Shoulder Bagicon (on NET-A-PORTER for $1,350)
6. Nancy Gonzalez Medium Crocodile Tote Bagicon (at Neiman Marcus for $3,750)
7. Gucci Bright Diamante Small Bucket Bagicon (at Neiman Marcus for $1,290)
8. Charlotte Olympia Long Festival Embellished Silk-Satin Shoulder Bagicon (on NET-A-PORTER for $795)
9. Victoria Beckham Liberty Textured-Leather Toteicon (on NET-A-PORTER for $1,650)
10. Givenchy Small Antigona Grained Leather Bag (on on Luisa via Roma for $2,280)
11. Kate Spade Cedar Street Monday Cross Body Bag (on Shopbop for $148)
12. Lauren Merkin Medium Zip-Top Raffia Clutchicon (at Neiman Marcus for $51, from $125)
13. Alexander Wang The Rocco Textured-Leather Toteicon (on NET-A-PORTER for $875)
14. CAMPOS Triple Zip Cross Body Bag (on Shopbop for $358)